Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    • CommentAuthorvektor

Hi all,

I have a very simple project, and I would like to render my entire Category model in JSON. I was already tryed a lot of approach but all of them was unsuccessfull. I hope you can help me to find the right way.

regards

Viktor

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

Try

$Category->toJson()

;)

• CommentAuthorvektor

Bermi thank you, for the fast answer. I was already tryed it, but it only represents only the structure itself not with the data.
    Oh I was wrong in my previous comment, I need to represent the associations too not just one model.

in category model:

var $has_many = 'topics';

in topic model:

var $belongs_to = 'category';

and in my sync controller:

function index(){
        $this->topics = $this->Topic->find('all', array('include' => 'category'));
        //$Category->toJson();
        $this->renderText($this->Topic->toJson());
    }

Could you write it down in this environment with an example please? Maybe I need to make a view with a builder for complex structures? And if yes, then how?

thanks

• CommentAuthorvektor

anybody? nobody? help me plase

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

You need to convert to json the array of results $this->topics, not the instance at $this->Topic

Try with something like:

function index(){
      if($this->topics = $this->Topic->find('all', array('include' => 'category'))){
        foreach ($this->topics as $k => $Topic){
          $this->topics[$k] = $Topic->toJson();
        }
        $this->renderText('['.join(',', $this->topics).']');
      }else{
        $this->renderText('[]', 404);
      }
    }