Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    •  
      CommentAuthorjayro

Is there a way to be notified of forum posts? The RSS is great, and maybe i should just use that. I was thinking an email notification about updates to thread im watching would be nice too though.
    • CommentAuthoriJyrki

I'd like to see that, too, but I'm afraid that's up to the forum software.. It'd be nice to be able to create a custom RSS feed including only those threads one wants to follow.

-jyrki

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

I've just installed the Notify extension (left side column). Lets see if it works fine.

Regarding aggregating RSS feeds I thinks that there is not such a functionality yet in Vanilla.

• CommentAuthoriJyrki

I got error by that Notify extension but I was too stupid to copy that..

Here it is now:

Notice: Undefined variable: mComment in /home/akelos/webapps/vanilla/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 309

Notice: Undefined variable: mUser in /home/akelos/webapps/vanilla/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 309
    A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    Unable to send email. The SMTP server reported the following error:
    Affected Elements
    Email.ServerParse();
    The error occurred on or near: 535 5.7.0 authentication failed
    For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

-jyrki

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

I've just updated the Notify script which seems quite buggy. Lets give it a try and hope that now works.

• CommentAuthoriJyrki

No errors anymore, yay!

-jyrki

•  
      CommentAuthorjayro

amazing. thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjayro

actually, i just got this error. i suspect it is due to the email address that is being used to send the email not exisitng. i just had what looks like a similar issue with another app and bounces.

====
    A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    Unable to send email. The SMTP server reported the following error:
    Affected Elements
    Email.ServerParse();
    The error occurred on or near: 550 Sender verify failed
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

Jerrod, it seems that you don't have set up an email address in your profile so Vanilla will have a hard time trying to deliver alerts to your inbox ;)

Anyhow, the Notify extension should not offer users without emails on their profiles this functionality.

•  
      CommentAuthorjayro

weird, i do have my email address in there. jerrod at indierockmedia dot com. is it not showing up the db?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

Ok, it seems that the bug is not on the Notify extension but in the sender settings. It should be fixed now. I can't see your email in your profile, but this should not interfere with delivering notifications to the email you provided when you signed up.

I misunderstood the situation. Sorry about that.

•  
      CommentAuthorjayro

oh cool. sorry this has taken so much time. this vanilla forum is pretty nice.
    • CommentAuthoralake

I want to update the Wiki for Akelos, but don't know how to do what I wish. I am setting up my first Akelos project using Subversion (not quite finished yet), but am documenting exactly what I am doing. I am generally following the Getting Started Wiki. Because using Subversion is an option, I don't want to change the Getting Started section, but want to add a new section that might be entitled "Getting Started with Subversion". How can I add this new section? Thanx.
    • CommentAuthorKaste

you should find everything you need to know here