Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalizmelf

Bermi, I know for the tpls that helpers should be instantiated (they're currently in the controller), for the matter of security within the views..
    I also have seen in akelos source files that some helpers are instantiated, even within other helpers (wich doesn't affect views security) and another times their methods are called statically...
    So, I would like to know when these helper need to be instantiated of if they are sometimes instantiated just for internal matter...
    I mean, to avoid using:

$this->_controller->xxx_helper->xxx_method();

And go straight to:

XxxHelper::xxx_method();

within a helper.. thanks...

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

If the helper method is static, you might use XxxHelper::xxx_method() inside helpers, but normally if they need to be tied to a controller instance like for generating URLs, you'll need a helper instance.

We need to work on making helper calls more simple, and for that upcoming namespaces will help a lot.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalizmelf

Good.... where is going to be posted that there is a new version available??

• CommentAuthorsatyam

how to change the layout in the Akelos Framework!
    ?
    • CommentAuthorinsanet

search in views/layouts/name_of_my_controller.tpl there is a layout for each controller and have the same name of the controller, you can assign specific layouts to controllers declaring "var $layout = 'main_layout';" in the controller