Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    • CommentAuthorsuthern

I've now got two identical virtual machines (running Ubuntu server), one for development (WebDev) and one for production (WebPro). Both have full LAMP stacks.

All my web files sit in /web/. This web directory is shared via Samba. Inside 'web' are folders 'Akelos' and 'apps'. I have a symbolic link from /var/www/inventory to /web/apps/inventory/public on both machines. It's a fairly simple setup.

My question is: What is the best way to way to periodically (on demand) echo the changes from development to production? I can easily enough copy the akelos/apps updates over via Samba, but what about the MySQL schema updates?

Or would it be better to setup one machine as the MySQL server, and have both development and production connect to it?

What do you guys do?

• CommentAuthorpaulc

my first thought would be to setup a cron job to copy the files and do a mysql dump to the other machine....
    • CommentAuthorKaste

What is the best way to way to periodically (on demand) echo the changes from development to production?

rsync ;-)

what about the MySQL schema updates

migrate script ;-)

• CommentAuthorsuthern

So the best way is to currently rsync (on Samba/NFS) the files, then run ./script/migrate NAME install to update the mysql database.

Makes sense now that I think about it. BTW: If I bookmark a discussion is it supposed to e-mail me when someone replys?