Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    • CommentAuthorprtscr

Hi, I'm a PHP programmer from the beginning who haved ventured into Rails land. I really like Rails, exept one thing, deployment. It's always a hassle getting things off my local machine to the internet.

Akelos seams really nice! So my question is, how is deployment with Akelos?

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

Akelos applications application deployment is the same as in other PHP applications. Drag and drop the files to your web server!

• CommentAuthorprtscr

Thanks for the answear, very nice to hear indeed!
    • CommentAuthorjereme

Rails deployment is a snap when you use Capistrano. Capistrano can be altered to deploy for any language and any project, it's really a fantasic deployment tool. It does come with a learning curve though.

jereme
    • CommentAuthornextstep

Bermi,

Fair enough, but do you have to install all the Akelos lib files as well?

I see that the Editam app (once you've built the source) includes everything in a sub folder , protected with the following .htaccess file:

order allow,deny
    deny from all

I presume that is the route to follow?

thanks!
    • CommentAuthorKaste

Fair enough, but do you have to install all the Akelos lib files as well?

I don't get this one. In a multi-app environment you have one Akelos lib folder and multiple application folders. Just what you get when you setup your apps using the script.

• CommentAuthorsuthern

So just to clarify: When I publish to a web server, I need to include the |Application Name| directory AND the Akelos directory? Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorKaste

in app/config/config.php you define('AK_FRAMEWORK_DIR', 'where/is/my/framework?'); the path to the framework.
    So we can't do without it.

•  
      CommentAuthorwilliamn

I upload all the file and configure the database, but then I got this message :

CGI process exited before printing HTTP response headers.

any work around for this?

Thank you.