Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    • CommentAuthorichbinweg

Hi Forum,

If i create sites without database connection - i guess i have to generate these sites by hand - or use the Scaffold generator and delete for example in the model the derived part "ActiveRecord" ...

Or is there any possibility to use scaffold generator to generate "normal" Websites without database connection...

thx and greetings from germany sebastian

• CommentAuthorKaste

Too confusing:

"normal" website =? static pages

• scaffold generation = CRUD-templates

= verstehe ich nich

• CommentAuthorichbinweg

Hi Kaste, thx for you fast replay - I still stay in english so other's can follow the discussion...

With "normal" pages i just meant no Pages connected to a database table...

For example i have a very complex form which users have to fill out, because of its complexity each field needs a lot of explanation, so i want to create a wizzard which splits the form into 10 steps... which could mean 10 pages which have similar functionality (except the fields to fill out) - My question is, if there is a possibilty to automize the creation of these 10 files, or if i have to create those files by hand...

static pages could be also an example, if you have to build up a homepage and you want to fasten up the creation process, so you automize the creation process...

hope i could express myself a little better... greetings Sebastian

• CommentAuthorKaste

Ok, got it. But I don't think the akelos-generators can't be customized in this way. I'll usually use the macro/template-functions built into my IDE for that.

• CommentAuthorichbinweg

Hi Kaste,
    Good to know, so I guess i'll do that by hand ...
    By the way which IDE do you use for akelos? Till know i used phpEclipse...
    thx Sebastian
    • CommentAuthorKaste

eclipse pdt