Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    •  
      CommentAuthorjulio montoya

Hi there! I have a question about the files in /locale/view_name/en.php
    when these files are generated?

•  
      CommentAuthorfrancois

Hi JMontoya

This file is generated when you access to the view for the first time. After it is refresh when you make a change in the template view.

•  
      CommentAuthorjulio montoya

Merci Francois!

• CommentAuthordpinte

Hi guys,

It seems my locales file are not updated. The www-data user has full read-write access on them. What do I have to check to find why they are not updated ?

Thanks

Didrik
    • CommentAuthordpinte

I'm still stuck with this problem.

I have removed all the files from the locales directory hoping that Akelos will regenerated all of them but it does not seem to do it.

Does someone have an idea on the problem ?

I have found that setting this constant AK_AUTOMATICALLY_UPDATE_LANGUAGE_FILES updates the files.

Is this the correct behaviour ? Do I have to use this constant or should it work auto-magically ?

Thanks

Didrik
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

Locale files are only updated automatically while working on a development environment.

Only by setting

define('AK_AUTOMATICALLY_UPDATE_LANGUAGE_FILES', true);

on your config/environments/production.php they will be updated on production mode.

I'd love to see an automagic system like ./script/update_locales, which uses a built in tokenizer to analyze code files and forces new locale text entries without the need of executing the piece of code where the text is being used.

• CommentAuthordpinte

Hi Bermi,

Thanks for the info. I understand it better now. Thus, I should set the constant only when I need the application to regenerate or append the new translations to the existing files. Then, remove the constant to gain performance ?

Didrik
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

You're right, defining AK_AUTOMATICALLY_UPDATE_LANGUAGE_FILES as false avoids executing the "new multilingual text discovery system", so it removes some overload on production.

• CommentAuthoralucas

Hi Bermi,

Could you say define(...) or ak_define(...)?

Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorvicent

for define de AK_AUTOMATICALLY_UPDATE_LANGUAGE_FILES is
    define('AK_AUTOMATICALLY_UPDATE_LANGUAGE_FILES', true);??
    or
    ak_define('AK_AUTOMATICALLY_UPDATE_LANGUAGE_FILES', true);???

The files config/locales/*.php are malformed. The files are beginning whitout <?php and they ends with ?>. Its a bug??