Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    • CommentAuthorhpatoio

Hej. I've just installed Akelos on my server and when I visit the DB setup page I get this error message :

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of runtime function name. If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /usr/home/simone/akelos/lib/AkActionController.php on line 1751

I've read on the web that I can suppress this warning setting up php.ini in a particular way but in the future version of PHP this possibility will be ignored.

Is this going to be fixed ?

Thank

-- Simone

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

This will be fixed once we drop PHP4 support. We will start a PHP5/6 branch soon.

• CommentAuthormesmerata

Hi Bermi,

I'm interested in helping pursue a version that needn't be hampered by (the nearly-obsolete) php4. Please let me know if there are available roles in this arena.

Thanks,

Jared
    • CommentAuthorKaste

You're welcome. Are you interested in a special component of the framework? There are plenty of things that can be done.

Kaste

• CommentAuthordru_futhark

Any progress on this? I have installed xampp on windows vista, and put Akelos in theweb root folder, but I get the same message:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; I you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function.name]()...
    • CommentAuthorvanboom

Any progress on this? I was mostly sold on using Akelos for my new development until I saw these warnings. Please dump PHP 4, it is obsolete.
    • CommentAuthorMarkDicker

Has there been any advance on this. I like the look of Akelos and have a project in mind, but I need to move on it soon. I want to use Akelos but cannot really wait. I notice that this has been around for over 12 months so is the fix close?

Mark
    • CommentAuthorMarkDicker

How has anyone got this working?