Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    • CommentAuthorThijs

Is it possible the use pagination with a findBySQL() ?

I have this find

$this->users =& $this->User->findbySQL('SELECT *
           FROM users, hoodmemberships, hoods
           WHERE users.id = hoodmemberships.user_id
           AND hoods.id = hoodmemberships.hood_id
           AND hoods.country_id = '.$_SESSION['user_country'].'
           AND hoods.region_id = '.$_SESSION['user_region']);

since it's a query in 3 tables I cannot send it to getPaginator() as a 'count_conditions'

Is there a way to send an SQL statement through the paginator?

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

I'm afraid you'll need to manually instantiate a custom paginator and use

$this->user_pages = new AkPaginator($this,
      $number_of_records,
      $items_per_page, 
      'page');

$this->User->findBySql($sql, $limit, $offset);

• CommentAuthorThijs

Okay, not a big problem. Got it working.

One remark though: findBySql() does not seem to take any more $limit and $offset parameters. I got this warning:

Notice: DEPRECATED WARNING: You're calling AR::findBySql with $limit or $offset parameters. This has been deprecated. in /Users/thijs/akelos_framework/lib/Ak.php on line 82

So my solution is something like this:

$sql = 'FROM users, hoodmemberships, hoods
            WHERE users.id = hoodmemberships.user_id
            AND hoods.id = hoodmemberships.hood_id
            AND hoods.country_id = '.$_SESSION['user_country'].'
            AND hoods.region_id = '.$_SESSION['user_region'].'
            GROUP BY users.id ';

$number_of_records = count($this->User->findBySql('SELECT count(*) '.$sql));

$this->user_pages = new AkPaginator($this,$number_of_records,$items_per_page,&$this->params['page']);

$this->users = $this->User->findBySql('SELECT 
                   users.id, users.first_name, users.last_name, users.zip, users.city '.
                   $sql.$sort_by.
                   ' LIMIT '.(($this->params['page']-1)*$items_per_page).','.$items_per_page);

• CommentAuthorbjmg

I really ask me (and you) why limit and offset are deprecated in findBySql. I don't see a suitable solution to set those values. There is a function addLimitAndOffset is also used in findBySql but I really think that it would be huge hack if I would use that function in the controller. If I am correct then findBySql should work with an array of parameters like find does. What is your suggested solution for that?

Thanks

• CommentAuthorKaste

findBySql() takes a sql-query and variables for late binding as arguments. just what the name of the method suggest.

I think findBySql should'nt be used inside a controller at all. so I would refactor this code and move it to a model.

lastly, I think pagination should be a acts_as-addon to the ActiveRecord. In the end it only restricts a set.

• CommentAuthorThijs

I think findBySql should'nt be used inside a controller at all. so I would refactor this code and move it to a model.

You’re right, Kaste. (I'm still trying to get rid of old programming habits)

Another question on findBySql():
    Would it be possible to get left join columns included in the object it returns?
    I tried sending the same SQL into it as a normal find() with an 'include' would generate.. but that doesn't seem to work.

• CommentAuthorKaste

no, we use a simplified instantiation and parsing of the result-set on findBySql and very complicated one on find with include.

this has a link to the problem of so-called deep eager loading you try to circumvent here.

• CommentAuthorpogeybait4883

Im trying to build my own custom paginator and I get this error in debug mode. I edited the path so please dont comment on that:

Fatal error: Class 'AkPaginator' not found in /path/to/controller/my_controller.php on line 75

Line 75 of my_controller is:

$this->comment_pages = new AkPaginator($this,$num_of_recs,&$this->params['page']);

Why does it not find AkPaginator?

• CommentAuthorpogeybait4883

Nevermind. If anyone else has this issue, be sure to do this BEFORE you try to create a new AkPaginator object:

require_once(AK_LIB_DIR.DS.'AkActionController'.DS.'AkPaginator.php');

• CommentAuthordelia

hi all,

i have set a paginator like this:

$this->hotel_pages = new AkPaginator($this,$number_of_records,$items_per_page,$this->params['page']);

do you know how to change options refering to styling? i mean linkClass, curPageLinkClassName, prevImg, ..... etc. i dont know if it is possible....

thanks