Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    • CommentAuthoralake

I wonder how the community would respond to another Wiki -- a specialized one. This Wiki would specifically be a port of _Agile Web Development with Rails_ to Akelos. I don't know whether such a work would be considered a violation of copyright or not. I certainly don't recommend such a thing, but my Wiki idea would not be for the purpose of competing with the book. (I have a PDF copy of the book.)

Comments please?
    • CommentAuthorsalavert

And what about wiki.akelos.org? This can be as specialized as you need and should be the main place to learn about Akelos Framework, don't you think?

Perhaps increased activity at Akelos Wiki would increase the response of the community. I can help on this task.

• CommentAuthoralake

I was thinking of the size that the new entries would take, but I guess that size wouldn't really matter. I'm going to start this and see where it goes...
    • CommentAuthoralake

I have a PDF copy of the Rails book. My plan is to provide provide the Rails documentation converted for Akelos and changed with what I know of Akelos, which isn't much. I have an Akelos project under way that I'm spending most of my time on, but I'll try to add a section or two daily...
    • CommentAuthoralake

I'm trying to put an image in the Wiki that I've created, but the button designed for the purpose appears to not allow me to upload an image. Can someone tell me if this feature has been disabled?
    • CommentAuthorThijs

It does work. I just tried it. But you have to be logged in to be able to upload images. (the upload pane will appear above the list)

And.. if anybody has the permissions to delete images. Please delete the one I uploaded as a test.

Btw, I think it's a great idea to convert the book (more or less) to an Akelos version. I hope such a 'derived work' is allowed copyright-wise. It will be a great source of information, especially for newbies like me.

• CommentAuthoralake

I am logged in, but still get no upload pane. I see the picture you uploaded (picture-1.png). What I wonder is whether my combination of Linux (Fedora 7) and Firefox may be blocking me from being able to upload. I ran IE6 under WINE, but was unable to log into the forum.

Is there a different log in for the forum and for the Wiki? If so, where is the log in for the Wiki?
    • CommentAuthorThijs

Is there a different log in for the forum and for the Wiki?

Yes, it's a different account. (probably because it's a different package)

If so, where is the log in for the Wiki?

There's a login button on the bottom right of the wiki pages. Registration is on the login page.

• CommentAuthoralake

I found it. I'm an old man and I locked up my knee while kicking myself in the rear. Anyhow, onward...
    • CommentAuthoralake

I completed the section 2.1 Models,Views,Controllers.

I, too, need the ability to erase images, though.
    • CommentAuthorsalavert

After reading your last wiki updates I've seen that you're copying/pasting a copyrighted RoR book. Without the copyright holder permission we will need to remove the content from the wiki. If you have their authorization please send it to salavert at Akelos dot com, if not, please remove this content.

On the other hand, the RoR Wiki has a Creative Commons license and is being ported to the Akelos wiki.

Thanks for your efforts, but we need to respect copyright owners.

• CommentAuthoralake

It is my intent to respect copyright, also, but I don't know how far copyright reaches. I'm copying/pasting parts of the book, but am making changes so that it reflects Akelos, not Rails, and PHP, not Ruby. I have no desire to hurt anyone or to steal what is theirs. I don't, have, at this time any permissions, so I'll remove the content.

I'd just as soon write the document from scratch, but what might I say differently without subjecting myself to a potential copyright problem?

I had begun to use Akelos earlier, but had stopped because a lack of adequate documentation made me unable to proceed with my project in a timely manner. I changed to RoR, and bought the book, but found that deploying was going to be a nightmare, even though I was successful with a test deployment. I came back to Akelos to try again. I'm again having trouble because of inadequate documentation, but don't see that I have any other options, except to abandon MVC.

Again, I'll remove the content. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • CommentAuthoralake

The content is removed. I cannot remove the pictures, but would like to have them removed by someone with the authorization, so that nothing questionable remains.