Akelos Framework v1 forum archive. This forum is no longer maintained. To report bugs please visit https://github.com/akelos/akelos/issues
    •  
      CommentAuthorjayro

I was wondering and i haven been able to find anywhere, will akelos work on a IIS server or does it require the mod_rewrite of apache? i suspect that is the case.

thanks!
    • CommentAuthoriJyrki

Akelos will work without mod_rewrite. Just disable the functionality it provides by adding the following line to your config/config.php.

define('AK_URL_REWRITE_ENABLED', false);

-jyrki

•  
      CommentAuthorjayro

that is the best news i've gotten in a very long time. does this mean the urls will look like /index.php/controller/action/id ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

The URLs will look like

/index.php?ak=/controller/action/id&

• CommentAuthorkwu

What if we install one of these ISAPI filters to our IIS servers?
    http://www.petefreitag.com/item/286.cfm
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

Have a look at HowtoSetupIIS from the rails wiki.

They recommend to use IIRF and then edit C:\Inetpub\IsapiRewrite4.ini so it contains

RewriteRule ^(/[^.]+)$ /index.php?ak=$1

I don't have access to an IIS for testing this, so it would be nice if you could share your experiences with others on the wiki

•  
      CommentAuthorjayro

Success!

http://dev.dakotafin.com/ please ignore the ugly and and flash nav. its a redo of a very old html based site. for now. :)

this is running on IIS using IIRF.

It was very straightforward (aside from the fact that this is my first experience with IIS)(and subversion and mysql and php install on windows)

Thanks for all your help. I will contribute what i learned to the wiki.

•  
      CommentAuthorbermi

Jerrod, good news for the Akelos community today!!!

It would be great if you could share your experience, so we can pass the unit tests on IIS and make sure everything works as it should.

• CommentAuthorjereme

I too have met with success running Akelos on IIS, and connecting to MSSQL as my db.

Currently I have been having issues with setting constants in config.php that are also defined in constants.php. It always raises an exception that the constant is already set as though the constants.php is not correctly testing. I solved the issue by commenting the define for that constant out of the constants.php, however, that is not a preferable solution as it will break whenever i update.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbermi

jereme, having MSSQL running with Akelos is really good news, It should work ok, but I'd better try to run the core unit tests for catching any DB related issue beforehand.

For testing the core, set up a new application using the ./akelos command and the --dependencies option to include all the tests and dependencies after setting your DB details, try to run

./script/test unit/lib/AkActiveRecord.php

Feel free to submit patches and bug reports to the trac system to help Akelos being 100% compatible with MSSQL

Regarding the defined constant... Can you open a ticket detailing which constant is causing the trouble.

Thanks

• CommentAuthorjereme

That test most certainly fails in a lot of places. I will indeed submit any patches I come up with. Thanks!